Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Neat and Tangled: Little Tangles Challenge #83: Birthday


I'm excited to be playing along in the Little Tangles birthday challenge, I've had this adorable Yo Ho Ho stamp set for awhile from Neat and Tangled.  My boyfriend of the last 10 years loves pirates and this set is so adorable, I knew I needed to use it to make him a birthday card which is only a few days after this challenge closes.  The birthday aspects of this card in my opinion is the treasure chest which is holding the presents and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment.  I'm not a huge fan of using sentiments on the front of cards but if you notice very carefully "Happy Birthday" is stamped in the water to ensure the focal point of the card is the adorable pirates and their kitty.  The most adorable thing in this set is the kitty and this kitty is colored to look like our Storm who happens to share the same birthday as my boyfriend.  The sand is created using sand paper, the ocean was created using color bursts and the images were colored using my Spectrum Noir markers.  I hope you enjoy this card and are inspire to use the Yo Ho Ho stamp set.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is impressive! Perfect combination of stamps and dies. Thanks for playing with LTCh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What incredible colouring, I'm so jealous of your skills!! A fantastic scene and your sky is so beautifully done. So glad you joined us at Little Tangles this month!

    ReplyDelete